List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Protecting local news from Suck
From:       Chris Martin <chris.martin () amd ! com>
Date:       1997-02-01 9:12:21

At 06:45 PM 1/30/97 -0500, G. Vincent Castellano wrote:
>I have heard that there is a tool called 'suck' which is
>designed to do just this.  Is there such a tool?  If so,
>how can I be sure I'm safe from it?

One approach would be to use a set of news servers internally for
newsreading and distinct set of news servers externally exclusively for
news relay.  The internal news servers simply wouldn't feed internal groups
out to the relay servers.  This is generally considered to be better from a
performance perspective as well -- especially if you have a number of
external news peers.