List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Firewall Consolidation
From:       "Adrian F. Setton" <asetton () lightech ! com ! ar>
Date:       1997-01-31 13:30:11

Hello,
I'm looking for opinions about using the same firewall machine in
order to conect the same organization with multiple services.
For example, a Bank could use the same firewall in order to protect
the private network from the Web Servers that are in the DMZ, and in
order to give access to the Internet to the employees.
An argument is that perhaps we do not want to consolidate them for
performance reasons (we want to be able to isolate one service from
another, so the traffic from one does not affect the performance of
the second one).
Any idea about why this consolidation could be good or bad, will be
appreciated.
--
Adrian F. Setton
LighTech                        Voice:  (54-1) 373-1141