List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Highly available Internet connection
From:       "Starkweather, Mike" <mike.starkweather () anheuser-busch ! com>
Date:       1997-01-29 16:40:27

My company wants to move toward Electronic Commerce on the Internet.
 One of the requirements would be a highly available, secure
connection.  One of the ideas I have considered is two firewalls going
out over two routers to two wide area links to two ISPs.  This is a
pretty brute force approach.

Does anyone have any ideas to share on how we might build an Internet
connection that would approach 100 percent availability?

Thanks for all your help.

Mike Starkweather
Anheuser-Busch