List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: Virus Scan....
From:       harley () icrf ! icnet ! uk
Date:       1997-01-29 12:39:49

> > * Alert the recipient that the attachment/file etc. hasn't been scanned
> >   for viruses and trust them to handle it appropriately. In which case
> >   you need to make a very clear policy statement on what 'appropriately'
> >   means (which may vary considerably according to circumstances).
>
> This is probably the best compromise.  Perhaps some warning mail to an
> administrator as well.

That's the option that repels me least, too. Some sites might consider
making an administrator responsible for a case by case decision on
whether to forward or maybe take more direct action. Certainly some
sort of monitoring is a good idea.

--
David Harley                     \   |   /                 alt.comp.virus FAQ
D.Harley@icrf.icnet.uk            \  |  /               & Anti-Virus Web Page