List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    FIREWALL-1 User authentication problem
From:       George Metropoulos <Gmetropo () borden ! com>
Date:       1997-01-27 12:49:03

Hi All,

I have just finished setting up Solstice Firewall-1 v2.1 and I am having problems \
getting the user authentication working. The following error appears on the Browser:

When I try to access the Internet via my browser the following error occurs:

Error 407

FW-1 at xxxxxxxx: Unauthorized to access the document.

* Authorization is needed for FW-1.

* The authentication required by FW-1 for the user is: unknown.

* Reason for failure of last attempt: no user.

I have enabled http and client authentication through fwconfig. My firewall \
implementation  is as follows:

Management Station: ultra 4k
GUI: Windows 95/OpenLook
Firewalled Host:  sparc 5

The problem is when I try to setup authentincation for any of my users using the GUI \
(s/key, unix or firewall-1 password) it will not allow me to enter a password (the \
option is disabled)

Any ideas on what my problem is? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George Metropoulos
Borden & Elliot
george@borden.com