List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Rom based os/web server?
From:       Arjan Vos <arjan () pino ! demon ! nl>
Date:       1997-01-11 11:04:54

I believe it's only the kernel that's rom-based and uncompressed in ram.

What might be possible is to burn as cd-rom with a live file-system of
Linux or FreeBSD or whatever. Startup from the cdrom and mount a partition
on a hard drive just for read-write files such as log-files etc. (e.g.
/var file system). But this will bring us into the rom-based web server
discussion.

Arjan Vos

--
Eat hard