List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    syndefender (fw-1)
From:       "Martin C. Walker" <martinw () epcorp ! com>
Date:       1997-01-02 16:31:36

Hi all,
Trying to determine if FW-1 itself (solaris x86) is susceptible
to the TCP SYN denial of service attack, and if so then whether
deploying their syndefender product (either gateway or relay) will
help.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding this ?  Since I don't allow
any inbound connections to my machines other than the FW-1
(DNS/SMTP) I don't think anything else is at risk.
Martin C. Walker     |  martinw@epcorp.com  |      PP-ASEL,IFR AA5-A 9908U
Project Lead         |       (513)629-2517  | Blue Belt Okinawan Shuri-Ryu
Eagle-Picher Inc.    |  Fax: (513)629-2449  |                Porsche 911SC
580 Walnut St,       |                      |
Cincinnati, OH 45202 |                      |