List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Atalk filtering/Cisco (very
From:       Marc Mosko <marc () tear ! com>
Date:       1996-09-24 9:31:29

Really, what you want is a variant of solution 4.  You can just as
easily filter on the serial lines.  Just have each site distribute only
it's -2 zone OUT the serial lines.  This will flood your internetwork
with all the -2's.  Since there are no Ethernet restrictions, all
ethernet ports will see all the local ethernets plus all the -2's.

Note that for simplicity I would use the same access-list on each
router.  True, some sites could use a "slim-down" access list.  You can
also do both in-bound and out-bound restrictions.  This makes sure that
each site only sends what it should and only accepts what it should (in
case another site gets screwed up).

Life would be much easier if all the sites connected to, say, Office C.
You could then do a "Free-Trade Zone" variant.  It would also mean that
you only had to run access-lists on site C.  As it is now, you really
only need access lists on A,B,C, since D and E would only take what C
gave them.

for site A:
	access-list 601 permit zone A-2
	access-list 601 permit zone B-2
	access-list 601 permit zone C-2
	access-list 601 permit zone D-2
	access-list 601 permit zone E-2
	access-list 601 deny additional-zones

	int s0
	description Frame Relay to office B
	apple zone WAN-A-B
	apple distribute-list 601 out
	apple distribute-list 601 in

Office B:
	access-list 601 permit zone A-2
	access-list 601 permit zone B-2
	access-list 601 permit zone C-2
	access-list 601 permit zone D-2
	access-list 601 permit zone E-2
	access-list 601 deny additional-zones

	int s0
	description Frame Relay to office A
	apple zone WAN-A-B
	apple distribute-list 601 out
	apple distribute-list 601 in

	int s1
	description Frame Relay to office C
	apple zone WAN-B-C

David Glosser wrote:

> SETUP: APPLETALK Network, Cisco routers in each office. Running APPLETALK
>

>    OFFICE B                        OFFICE C                     OFFICE E
>       ||                              ||                           ||
>   Zone B-1---|                     Zone C-1                     Zone E-1
>   Zone B-2*--|----Frame Relay------Zone C-2*---Frame Relay------Zone E-2*
>   Zone B-3---|                     Zone C-3                     Zone E-3
>        |                              |
>        |                              |
>   Frame Relay                    Frame Relay
>        |                              |
>        |                              |
>    Zone A-1                         Zone D-1
>    Zone A-2*                        Zone D-2*
>    Zone A-3                         Zone D-3
>       ||                              ||
>    OFFICE A                         OFFICE D
>
> The zones are on separate interfaces on the cisco, with separate cable
> ranges.
>
> We wish to have all users in every zone have access to their local zones and
> only Zone #2 in each office. For example, a user in the "B" office should see
> Apple Zones B-1, B-2, B-3, A-2, C-2, D-2, and  E-2. Users in the "D" office
> should appletalk zones  D-1, D-2, D-3, A-2, B-2, C-2, and E-2, etc.

[snip]

--
   Marc Mosko                   Email: marc@tear.com
                                Web:   http://www.tear.com/

   "If anyone knocks out another's eye, he shall pay him
   sixty-six shillings, six pence, and a third of a penny."
   -- Leges Henrici Primi (13th century)

           PGP Key available via Public Servers and
               http://www.tear.com/pgp-key.html