List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: win95
From:       mulligan () future ! incog ! com
Date:       1995-05-31 11:21:31

The problem isn't with electronic registration, but with the information
that wizard is reporting.

The lusers only choice is either register or not.  Instead you should be
able to use the electronic registration, but not have the "wizard" tell
micro$oft and their marketteers what you have on your system or network.

I'm not surprised micro$oft did this.  I am surprised that they didn't
try to grab your bank records from quicken while they were at it.  Heck
why stop at that, they should have automatically converted your quicken
files to money files, deleted quicken and downloaded money and have it
generate a bank transaction to pay for the money "upgrade".

	geoff

  Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any
    form, in whole or in part. Copyright, Geoff Mulligan,1995

  License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft for $1000.
  Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.