List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Any ideas?
From:       Alan Hannan <alan () mid ! net>
Date:       1995-05-30 20:16:00

> My name is Chris Sieber and I am a telecommunications graduate student at
> the university of colorado at Boulder. I am very interested in firewall
> security and i am just getting ready to do a thesis on it. Would any of

  Why don't you do your thesis on something directly useful to the firewall
community, like:

	1) Development of a common protocol for fw to fw encryption.

	2) Development of a common mib tree for firewall snmp.

	3) Development of a "secure" UDP proxy

  I think those three would be alot better than a comparison of current
firewall technology.

--
Alan Hannan                        Email: alan@mid.net
Network Systems Administrator	   Voice: (402) 472-0241

"The more we do, the more we can do."  -- William Hazlitt