List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Maybe this should go to a different group
From:       padgett () tccslr ! dnet ! mmc ! com (A !  Padgett Peterson, P ! E !  Information Security)
Date:       1994-12-30 22:23:54

  Thomas D. Nadeau rites:

>   Charging the provider is silly, and impracticle IMHO. It
>   would be analagous to charging both the driver of a school bus
>   and a child on that bus who happened to shoot someone standing on
>   the street corner with murder.

Under *criminal* law in the US you are rite. However *civil* law is
something else again. I recall an incident in California a couple
of years ago in California in which a yoyo passed a truck on a curve
and did a head-on into a station wagon - and it was the owner of the
*truck* who turned out to have "deep pockets". Guess who paid.

					Warmly,
						Padgett