List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Are we amusing?
From:       ajl () Orion ! MC ! Duke ! EDU (Arne J !  Ludwig)
Date:       1994-08-31 10:01:45

> administrators which is then used to build draconian firewall systems
> which are just as capable of a denial-of-service attack as any hacker is.

I think you got that the wrong way round. It is still the hacker that
did the DoS attack, just in a more indirect way. The hacker poses a
threat, which is answered by the firewall, which reduces the service.
(This whole firewall idea is just a plot by a group of wiley hackers
who want to deprive you of your mosaic. ;-)

Arne