List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: RE: Taking control of ones machine
From:       "piranha piranha" <piranha () fastmail ! ca>
Date:       2001-12-21 3:11:12

All,

truman....email me when u get a chance...

okay,,lets dissect this cluster&*%$...

> And of course you are monitoring their each and every move as they
> play on your systems one hopes....
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ron DuFresne
>
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Security Related wrote:

ron,

ditto ...first 'daily analysis of the logs are a must even if
he werent so liberal w/flowz'

>> WE have need for such connectivity from our vedors on occasion,
>> and our typical method is a dial up line, connected to an

!!! dial up!!! are you kidding me...bring these guyz thru w/fwall so
you can control what they are bungling...a lots of sw guyz are
clueless about how a net workz

>> external modem.

get rid of these - they are no longer even cost efficent anymore with
the abundance of low cost mid-bandwidth broadband links avail...
why do thingz analog and unsecure....also you can put a stop to any
shenanigans like using your bandwidth for unfunded activities.

When there is a problem, needing the vendor's
>> support we turn the modem ON, and tell them what the password
>> is. They have to know a password for the PCAnywhere connection,

PCAnyCrack...hmmmm....kiddeez, ya dont even need scripts...
windoze gets cracked and broken easily if you lean on it from close
distance.

merry x-mas all from space and missile command,

piranha-cits@malmstrom.afspc.af.mil

>> and the local login on the machine, and we have to turn the
>> modem on by hand when needed.
>>
>> ES
>> ===

testing,