List:       firewalld-users
Subject:    Re: Info on nft rules created by firewalld
From:       Eric Garver <egarver () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-07-20 12:03:14

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:24:56AM +0200, Andrea Pasquinucci wrote:
>Hi,
>I am learning how to use firewalld with nft on fedora 32.
>I have 2 simple questions:
>
>1. is it possible to show counters of packets/bytes for
>tables/chains/rules as it was for iptables?
>I did not find anything about this in firewalld.

No. By default nft doesn't use counters - this is for performance. There
is an RFE out there for firewalld to allow counters. However, nft offers
proper tracing. See "monitor" in the nft man page.

>2. I am confused by the use of jump and goto in the rules
>created by firewalld: for example in the rules below (generated
>by firewalld on one of my PCs) in the chain filter_INPUT_ZONES
>there are 'goto' whereas in the other chains there are 'jump',

To understand the difference between "goto" and "jump" see the nft man
page. They have the same meaning as "-g" and "-j" in iptables.