List:       firewalld-users
Subject:    Re: how to block incoming and outgoing connections with IP?
From:       Jiri Popelka <jpopelka () redhat ! com>
Date:       2014-08-29 15:39:16

On 08/28/2014 04:33 PM, Patrick Hinkley wrote:
> Given an IP address, how can I prevent any connection both to and from
> that IP? If there are multiple methods, please describe the pros and
> cons of each.

see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FirewalldRichLanguage#Examples

reject incoming from IP:
firewall-cmd --add-rich-rule='rule family="ipv4" source
address="192.168.1.2" reject'

reject incoming to IP:
firewall-cmd --add-rich-rule='rule family="ipv4" destination
address="192.168.1.2" reject'

So far we don't handle outbound traffic in firewalld.

--
Jiri