List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    Re: proxy transparency
From:       anton_rager () McGraw-Hill ! com
Date:       1999-03-22 21:53:07

Marcus/All,

1 - Secure Computing Sidewinder firewall has a transparent option.  It also can
be configured for nt-proxies as well.

2 - With a trusted host configuration ANS Interlock firewalls can function as a
transparent proxy

3 - Firewall-1 [while not truely a proxy......] can also function as a
transparent 'statefull inspection engine'.

Don't most vendors have this ability now?

Anton Rager
arager@McGraw-Hill.com

"Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@nfr.net> on 03/22/99 09:02:13 AM

Please respond to "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@nfr.net>