List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    RE: [fw-wiz] rpc.statd message log
From:       "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet ! com>
Date:       2003-04-24 17:51:13

If it's RedHat 7.2, fully patched, then it should not be vulnerable.  If you are using it for port forwarding and you know exactly what ports should be allowed to and from where, consider using iptables to prevent any traffic that you do not specifically wish to allow.  This would have prevented an external attacker from connecting to statd even if it were running.

PaulM