List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz
From:       Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson () clavister ! com>
Date:       2003-01-31 10:08:56

"Paul D. Robertson" wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote:
>
> > What about your opinions on that?
> > Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones?
> > Are there any known security issues (besides bad configuration) on
> > communication between virtual machines on VMWare or comparable
> > software?
>
> I don't know what your server platform is, but I've seen Linux 2.4.x
> kernels switch interface order between reboots in a stock RH 8.0 setup.
> First boot, it was eth0, now it's eth1- very fun for multihomed machines.

And I've had NT4 gone and do it on me.  Multiple times.
On a 4-NIC box.  For no apparent reason.  Infinitely annoying.

Fortunately, in my case, this is just a workstation with a bunch
of extra NICs for testing purposes, so this isn't a security
problem for me, but .....

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden