List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    [fw-wiz] Telnet dropped
From:       Brian Gardner <gardnerb () ci ! lake-havasu-city ! az ! us>
Date:       2002-12-24 15:56:00

I am setting up Firewall-1 NG FP2 on an NT4 machine. Also running Trend
Micro Interscan viruswall as a CVP server on the same server. Private
internal network connecting to internet via DSL. Internal addresses are
NATed. HTTP and FTP connections work fine. Problem is client machines on
internal network need to be able to telnet to a law library service on the
internet for research. When I try to telnet from the client machine to
either the internet service or directly to the firewall, the telnet session
never opens. Just get a "Could not open a connection to 'ip address of
firewall'". Firewall log shows a telnet session accepted but nothing
further. I do have a rule with source any, destination any or firewall,
service telnet, accept.
What piece am I missing? Thank you for any help. Brian