List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    Re: [fw-wiz] What is my firewall trying to tell me?
From:       Flemming Laugaard <flemming () laugaard ! dk>
Date:       2002-10-29 18:18:06

Hi Ross

> proxyscan.undernet.org. I am connected to irc. I am woundering if undernet
> is proxy scanning its users or is something else going that i should be
> worried about.

Absolutely correct. IRC admins set up jobs to scan for open proxies on their
clients. Really annoying. They've taken it upon themselves to be
"The Internet Police" ;) and help cleaning out the unclean end users ....

I usually ignore and drop without log. Much easier on the eyes :)

--
Kind regards
Flemming Laugaard