List:       firewall-wizards
Subject:    [fw-wiz] IDS or Intrusion Prevention Systems
From:       "Walter Ludwig" <w.ludwig () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-10-27 14:00:26

Hello to all,

i'm looking for an IDS or Intrusion Prevention System to use in our
office. I have no idea which one are good an effective and which one
not. Additionally, I have to write an exam in our school about this
topic. This exam is the last one and therefore very hard. Can you help
me?

Which products are good and why? Which one do you prefer and recommend
and how easy are they to administate? Pros and Cons of different
products? Where can I find additional information? Do you know Okena and
their products ("StormWatch", ...)? Are they better (Prevention System)
than common IDSs? When you use an IDS, what additional software are you
using (File Integrity,...)? What will be the most secure solution?

Thanks a lot for your answers!