List:       firewall-1
Subject:    RE: [FW1] External to Internal NAT
From:       Erik Skoog <eskoog () passkey ! com>
Date:       2000-07-31 14:24:26

Thanks so much

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas.Poole@gecits.ge.com [mailto:Thomas.Poole@gecits.ge.com]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 10:24 AM
To: eskoog@passkey.com

1) Create object using external address with static NAT selected
2) Put a 1:1 route entry on the gateway -ie, route add -p 209.1.1.1
172.10.1.1
3) Make sure you either have proxy arping on the firewall (arp on Unix,
local.arp on NT) or put a static route on your internet router so the return
packet destined for 209.1.1.1 knows to go to the firewall.
4) Use the object you created in a rule, allowing whatever traffic you want.

Thomas Poole