List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW1] Raptor to Firewall-1 Conversion? Configs...plenty of head scratch
From:       "Lee (lunchbox) Hughes" <lee () polestar ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-07-31 13:28:23

Newbie! ALERT!

I'm looking for any example configs, setup guides for firewall 1. I always
find
case studies useful in firewall setup , but I'm having trouble locating
these
kinds of resources from the checkpoint web site. I've used Axent's Raptor in
the past, which has some really nice intergrated split dns included,
I'm yet to find anything about dns via firewall-1 documentation, apart from,
'dns must be working before installing firewall-1', big help that ;-). tee
hee.

Presumbably I must set firewall-1 with it's own dns server, and add dns udp
rules to firewall-1, just I would do with a linux firewall solution.?????

where can I get example internal/external networks, and
internal/external/dmz
network config's???

is it me, or does firewall-1 seem's complex, or is it that raptor is
underpowered?

Hope you can help me out,
Cheers,
Lee

p.s. the floodgate modules seems cool ;-),how does this thing run in the
real world?