List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW1] Problems with asmtpd
From:       Sergio Bollini <sbollini () lightech ! com ! ar>
Date:       1998-03-31 22:52:40

Hello all!

I have a Solaris 2.5.1 (suggested SunSolve patches 3.0.5) with FW-1 3.0b
(build 3045) in a SS5 with 128MB RAM, using the smtp security server.
I's being synchronized with a similar SS5 with 64MB RAM.
I know that asmtp stands in an arbitrary tcp port (say 32334) and that
FW-1 redirects connections to port 25 to 32334.
The fw rules states that all outgoing mail passes freely through the fw,
but all incoming mail is analyzed ensuring that the recipient belongs to
our domain.

I'm experiencing the following problem: the security server is working
perfectly, and suddenly those redirected connections start being
rejected by the firewall by the last (deny all) rule. The only way we
found for correcting this situation is rebooting   :-(

This problem first happened in the second fw (which was routing incoming
mail); then we changed our MX records and then the problem appeared in
the first fw.

Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?
TIA
--
Sergio E. Bollini
LighTech                        Voice:  (54-1) 373-1141

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]