List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW1] ftp problem Serv-U/cat-soft
From:       "Jon E. Price" <jon () nytimes ! com>
Date:       1998-03-31 23:58:01

We cannot transfer data or perfrom "ls" commands at one specific ftp site
on the Internet. We can use all other ftp sites that we've tried so far.

This site is running an ftp server by a company named "cat-soft" (see
www.cat-soft.com). The product name is "Serv-U".

We've tried all available patches/fixes from Checkpoint with no luck.

I then tried using PASV mode but then I could not even connect to the
remote ftp site.
I don't know if CP allows PASV mode ftp thru.

Any ideas on what could be wrong here or different with this specific ftp
server?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon E. Price