List:       firewall-1
Subject:    Re: [FW-1] UTM-1 upgrade advice needed
From:       Clive Luk <clive () SL ! NSW ! GOV ! AU>
Date:       2011-11-30 23:07:30

Thanks your reply Hugo!

The weird issues actually including high cpu usage.

and I am running 2 utm-1 in active/standby mode. sometime when i install
new rule. the current active fw will become standby and the standby will
be came active. I will be receiving alert saying fw is not in sync.

also, log didn't get clean up and it fills /var/log to 100%. in
smartdash board. I have set to rotate log every midnight and set
"Required Free Disk space" for 2000MB. But it never get clean up even
the logs get rotated. it is actually failing my nightly scheduled backup
job of the UTM-1 configuration. due to the space issue.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

On 30/11/11 22:44, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On 30.11.2011 00:52, Clive Luk wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I just
> want some advice on UTM-1 upgrade. I am currently running 2 UTM-1
>>
> R70.40. I am thinking of upgrading. Should I stick with R70? or should I
>
>> go to R75?
>>
>> The reason I am upgrading is I found the appliances
> has been acting
>> weird when I installing the policy.
>
> Clive,

> strongly sugest you define "weird" in a more technical manner. Just
> trying an upgrade to solve "weird" issues may actually result in the
> opposite of what you like to perform.
>
> Hugo.
>
> --
>
> hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/
> PGP/GPG? Use:
> http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/0x58F19981.asc

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.