List:       firewall-1
Subject:    Re: [FW-1] encryption failure: Cannot identify peer for encrypted connection
From:       Stephen JT Bourike <steveb () ASCLTD ! CO ! UK>
Date:       2008-06-30 17:22:19

Hi Mike,

Check that your NAT rules are disabled for the VPN encryption domain.

You'll find you can set that on the community properties if you're using
simple mode, but if you're using traditional make sure you add at least an
outgoing "no-NAT" rule near the top of the NAT rulebase as follows:

<My EncDom>   <Dst-EncDom>  ANY    =Original  =Original   =Original

The firewall will NAT the source with your hide address otherwise, and then
when it comes to check the target gateway (using the SA's in place), it
won't find an SA that matches the new (changed) source address and then
generate this message.

Best regards

Steve Bourike
Applied Security Consulting Limited