List:       firewall-1
Subject:    Re: [FW-1] AD Domain Password change va SecuRemote
From:       Sergio Alvarez <seralvar () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2007-03-29 18:53:49

Thanks a lot Robby!!

Your confirmation that using SDL does work for the "Change Password" request
is all what I needed.

BTW for everybody else to know, I checked with a Check Point pre-sales guy
and you in fact need Secure Client licenses in order to use SDL (at least
according with the license agreement).

Thanks a lot also to everybody else that wrote about this issue, it was all
helpful info.

Regards

On 3/29/07, Rufener [US], Robby E. <Robert.Rufener@sperry.ngc.com> wrote:

> We used SDL for about a year where I work with pretty good success. The
> "Change your password" requests did come through while using SDL. I
> believe you are correct that the password change operation for Windows
> domains only happens during the initial login.
>
> We do not have very many people who only work from home, most of ours
> use SecureClient on travel. Because of this, our user community
> complained because every day they were in the office they had to cancel
> the SDL login, so we moved away from using SDL Regarding the licensing,
> we do have SecureClient licenses, rather than just SecuRemote, so I am
> not sure if you have to have it for SDL to work.
>
> Thank You,
> Robert Rufener
> Network Engineer
> Northrop Grumman/Sperry Marine