List:       firewall-1
Subject:    Re: [FW-1] syslog information not received in SmartView Tracker
From:       pkc_mls <pkc_mls () YAHOO ! FR>
Date:       2007-03-27 6:08:29

Torkel Mathisen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> What I did was on the SmartCenter object, under Logs and Masters > Additional \
> Logging Configuration, check the "Accept Syslog messages".
> I installed the database, but I have also tried a cprestart of the management.
>
> I also got OSE devices for these routers.
>
> However I can not get these syslog messages in my FW-1 log. They are only written \
> to /var/adm/messages
> What am I missing?

Hi,

The sk entry talks about a specific syslog from checkpoint.
on NGX R62, the daemon is here : /opt/CPsuite-R62/fw1/bin/syslog
I'm not sure you can have both syslog from your OS and checkpoint's
syslog bound to the syslog port and get the messages.
could you please check which syslog is(are) running, then check with
lsof which syslog daemon is bound to the 514 port ?

I suggest you should try to stop the syslog from the OS, run a
cpstop/cpstart, then check again if the syslog accepts connections.