List:       firewall-1
Subject:    Re: [FW-1] How to load policy onto SecuerClient?
From:       Ray <sixsigma44 () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2005-09-30 23:47:43

You can use the administrative build and create a custom install. There's an
SK article on doing it. Briefly you get the policy on one computer and then
copy the files over to the administrative install source, add a line into
PRODUCT.INI and away you go.

There's also a nice option in PRODUCT.INI where you can change one line from
"acceptall" to "blockinbound". If there's no policy installed for whatever
reason, it will block all inbound connections until it gets a policy
downloaded.

While this could affect LAN connections until a policy is loaded, it does
make it much safer to install it on a client that's directly connected to
the Internet. It closes rthat window of opportunity between when the client
is rebooted after the install and when it connects and downloads a policy.

HTH,

Ray