List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW-1] Splat Pro in the Enterprise with OSPF
From:       "Lyons, Jon" <Jon_Lyons () ENH ! ORG>
Date:       2005-09-29 15:44:24

Has anyone deployed the new version of SPAT pro with OSPF enabled?

I'm looking for recommendations about the performance/stability SPLAT
pro VS Nokia. Currently we're running Nokia 530s with R55, VRRP HA with
> 80% CPU so we need to upgrade ASAP.

During the upgrade I plan on, upgrading the hardware, running OSPF, and
possibly NGX. However, the first step is replacing the hardware to
reduce my CPU loads, then adding OSPF(Splat pro or Nokia). So I need to
choose either Nokia or SPLAT.

I've been testing with SPLAT (R55), and I've had several hardware
compatibility issues/other issues, I'm not really impressed with the
product, it doesn't seem ready for the enterprise environment. I've been
working with our support provider, and checkpoint, but I think the SPLAT
pro/NGX is just to new. Any have any thoughts??

My options are:

1. Purchase a faster nokia, 740 or 1260, run R55.
2. Deploy SPLAT on Compaq G4s, upgrade to SPLAT Pro Later for OSPF.
3. Setup nokia clustering on current setup and wait and see(not sure
about this one)