List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW-1] SmartUpdate problems with R55
From:       "Harris, Jeff" <JeffH () AIINET ! COM>
Date:       2005-09-28 17:27:59

I am running Check Point R55 on a RHEL 3 server.  When running in a R55
Provider-1 management station, I am having problems running some
commands from SmartUpdate.  The command to retrieve gateway data fails.
The command to reboot the gateway succeeds, but the firewall never
actually is rebooted.

When running against a R60 management station, the commands work
correctly.  R60 has an additional command to generate a cpinfo dump from
the firewall.  I have downloaded and copied the cpinfo program for Linux
to various bin directories on the firewall, /usr/bin, $FWDIR/bin,
$CPDIR/bin, etc.  The SmartUpdate command always fails with a message
that CPInfo is not installed.  There was no Linux RPM for cpinfo, only a
tarball with the executable.

Is there a way to get these commands to work?  I have been unable to
find any documentation from CP's web site.

Thanks,
Jeff