List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW-1] Tool to testing Ports with TTL
From:       Mike Feetham <mike.feetham () PERCEPTA-CRM ! COM>
Date:       2005-04-29 17:29:37

I know this is a little bit off topic, but:

I'm looking for a Windows based tool that can make TCP and UDP connections
to various ports with an adjustable TTL on the packets.

An example of use would be to set incrementing Time To Live on a Telnet
connection to a server, to discover if a firewall or router along the path
was blocking the Telnet port.

I know of a few ways to do this on Linux, but that and sniffing are not an
option.

Anyone got any ideas?