List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW-1] problem with checkpoint database revision control issue
From:       cisco4ng <cisco4ng () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2005-04-28 22:26:24

All,

I am running provider-1 NG with AI R55w, manager & container
on the same machine (Solaris 9).  Every now and then, from
the GUI smartdashboard, prior to pushing a policy to the
enforcement module, checkpoint is telling me that it has
successfully created a new database revision control.  However,
when I go into $FWDIR/conf/db_versions/repository directory
(mdsenv CMA's IP) and look into that particular database
revision directory, I am seeing the file ckp_mgmt_version.tar.gz.
Bascically, checkpoint is giving me a wrong message by telling
me that a new database revision control is successfully created
when it is not.  I hate to open another ticket with Checkpoint
TAC engineer because I feel I can get a better answer in this
list.

Has anyone run into this situation before?  Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com