List:       firewall-1
Subject:    [FW-1] fw fetch from secondary fw causes primary to lose
From:       "<Aaron Reynolds>" <Aaron.Reynolds () FRANKLINCOVEY ! COM>
Date:       2002-12-31 17:54:31

4.1 SP6 / IPSO 3.5 FCS8 (HA pair)

While troubleshooting a slow connectivity problem on my secondary firewall,
I tried running "fw fetch {mgmt IP}" from my secondary to test a successful
policy update without pushing it to the cluster.  What happens is rather
odd, but perhaps explainable.  I lose my ssh session to my primary, and any
connections running through my primary.  I have tested this twice now and it
does the same thing.  Anybody else seen this, or willing to try it and see
if it causes the same results.  I know in previous IPSO releases there was a
bug with flows, and the primary deleting connections that didn't exist on
the secondary.  Thanks for any help.

-Aaron