List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] BS 11.6.4: Can't resolve dependency "system-xfree86-dev (>= 3:2.7.112-3)"
From:       fink () snaggledworks ! com
Date:       2022-03-18 14:33:16

On 2022-03-18 05:34, Sven de Vries wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2022, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:

>>> should I just replace the detection code in my file with the lines
>>> from github?
>>
>> Yes, but you're probably safer off reinjecting from an updated pull of
>> fink-git/dpkg1.16 to get all the latest changes.
>
> I just checked, and I am on
> dpkg --version
> Debian  »/opt/sw3/bin/dpkg « Paketmanagement-Programm Version 1.17.6
>
> wouldn't that be a downgrade? would it break BigSur support?
>
> if yes: the sequence of commands is:
> git clone https://github.com/nieder/fink
> cd fink
> git checkout dpkg1.16
>
> ./bootstrap  OR ./inject.pl

dpkg1.16 is just the name of the branch. It won't downgrade your
existing dpkg. Also, my fork is no longer the most up to date. TheSin's
original repo has the latest code. The series of commands is this:

git clone https://github.com/TheSin-/fink fink-thesin
cd fink-thesin
git checkout dpkg1.16
./inject.pl

This puts the code repo into an individualized folder to avoid
confusion, then runs inject.pl to install the latest version of the fink
tool (bootstrap is for new installs).

Hanspeter