List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] problems with installing and setting up kate and kde
From:       Kay Wiese <wiese () lpt ! ens ! fr>
Date:       2016-01-13 14:04:40

On Jan 13, 2016, at 12:57, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:

> On 1/13/16 4:44 AM, Kay Wiese wrote:
> > Dear Hanspeter, Alexander and other fink users,
> >
> > here is a summary of my problems and solutions for installing kde and running \
> > kate:
> > I succeeded to build kde on 10.7 with Hanspeter's instructions. I also succeeded \
> > on 10.9 without any problems.
> > I succeeded to install kate4-mac, and then ran it from the finder, clicking here: \
> > /sw/Applications/KDE4/kate.app On both systems it complained about missing \
> > components. I then went through everything which has to do with kate on the fink \
> > server, and installed everything. Now I can run kate.app on both systems.
> > It seems some requirements for kate4-mac are missing.
>
> What were the startup messages about missing components?
this was not specified, and I did not analyze further. If you tell me where the log \
goes, I can check.

> And what Fink packages did you install that removed the warnings?
removed the warnings and disfunction! (kate did not start up completely)

Here is the list (taken from the fink sever: Installed Packages) of what I installed \
(some of the packages install others, did not make any attempt to be specific) \
Name	Latest Version	Description ghc-highlighting-kate	0.6.1-1	Syntax highlighting
kate4-mac	4.14.3-1	KDE4 - Advanced text editor
kate4-mac-data	4.14.3-1	KDE4 - Data files for kate
katepart4-mac	4.14.3-1	KDE4 - Kate KPart
kwrite4-mac	4.14.3-1	KDE4 - Simple text editor
libkate-tools	0.4.1-6	Kate library user programs
libkate1-dev	0.4.1-6	Libkate1 developer files
libkate1-shlibs	0.4.1-6	Karaoke and text codec for embedding in ogg
libkateinterfaces4-mac-shlibs	4.14.3-1	KDE4 - Kate plugin interface library
libkatepartinterfaces4-mac-shlibs	4.14.3-1	KDE4 - Kate part library

Kay