List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Problems building openssl
From:       David Cantrell <david () cantrell ! org ! uk>
Date:       2012-12-03 0:00:22

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 05:45:55PM -0700, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> On 11/29/12 10:35 AM, David Cantrell wrote:
> >          Dl_info dli;
> >          ^
> > dso_dlfcn.c:457:6: warning: implicit declaration of function 'dladdr' is
> > invalid in
> >        C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> >          if (dladdr(addr,&dli))
> >              ^
> Haven't seen that one in a while:
> If so, get rid of them because OS X has these since 10.3; and if
> something you have installed complains, tell the upstream author to fix
> the build process to use the system's files, since, as I said, they've
> been available since 10.3.

Damn Apple, they're just too damned good at copying my environment from
one laptop to the next every few years.  I hate to think what sort of
horrible cruft has accumulated in /usr/local (and how much valuable SSD
space I could recover if I could find it all)!

Yes, that was it. Thanks.

     If you can't imagine how I do something, it's
     because I have a better imagination than you