List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Failed: phase compiling:
From:       Vitus Jensen <vitus () warpmail ! net>
Date:       2011-09-18 12:24:34

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On 9/9/11 1:16 AM, Vitus Jensen wrote:

>>> Hmm, I don't know what it is related to.  When I start
>>> kphotoalbum it first detects new files and scans them.  This may
>>> be related to missing support for Pentax Raw format, I guess;
>>> not important.
>>>
>>> When I afterwards (directly after scanning or after ending and
>>> restarting kphotoalbum) select a folder and try to display the
>>> thumbnails, kphotoalbum ends itself.  No idea what happens, when
>>> started from the commandline the following text is displayed:
>>>
>>> ~ $
>>> /sw/opt/kde4/mac/bin/kphotoalbum.app/Contents/MacOS/kphotoalbum
>>> kphotoalbum(2741)/kdecore (kdelibs) getBundle: getBundle(
>>> "/sw/opt/kde4/mac/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi" ,  false ) called
>>> kphotoalbum(2741)/kdecore (kdelibs) getBundle: getBundle():
>>> returning
>>> "/sw/opt/kde4/mac/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/Contents/MacOS/drkonqi"
>>>

>>> kphotoalbum(2741)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase:
>>> Trying to open ksycoca from
>>> "/Users/Finda/Library/Preferences/KDE/cache-User-Names-MacBook-Pro.local/ksycoca4"
>>>

>>> Unable to start Dr. Konqi
>>> ~ $
>>>
>>> Doesn't help much?  Is there a strace for mac?  Haven't tried
>>> yet.
>>
>> There is no strace :-(
>
> dtrace and dtruss are available.

Did some runs with dtruss and kphotoalbum and it's no an exception or
similar which ends it.  Reason seems to be a select() call which returns
errno 9 (bad file number).  The log is full of successfull select() calls,
that time one set contains a bad handle.  One would need a debugger to see
into it.

Is there a special maintainer for kphotoalbum-mac or do I contact the
mailing for kphotoalbum for this problem?

Vitus

--
I WANT IT FREE AND I WANT IT YESTERDAY.
/"\