List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Failed: phase compiling: gmp5-5.0.2-2 failed
From:       Ryo Furue <furue () hawaii ! edu>
Date:       2011-08-31 20:11:53

Dear Fang,

| 	You might have to look at the config.log in the build
| directory to provide some more information on why a working compiler
| was not found. What is your output of gcc -v?  on 10.5, gcc-4.2 is
| required.

Thank you for the tips!  Next time I come across a similar error,
I'll check those things.

But, this time, Alexander Hansen solved the problem:

> Your Xcode version is quite out of date.
> Install Xcode 3.1.4.

So, I installed the latest version of Xcode (for Leopard,
which wasn't easy to find) and the problem went away.

I then reported this success to the fink-users list.

Cheers,
Ryo