List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Mounting of FreeBSD partitions
From:       Harald <hawei () free ! fr>
Date:       2010-02-18 14:23:28

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:27:42AM -0500, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On 2/17/10 11:19 AM, Harald Weis wrote:
> > Mac OS X 10.6.2 sees FreeBSD partitions on USB-keys, but refuses to
> > mount them like so:
> >    bash-3.2$ sudo mount /dev/disk2s2 /private/ukey
> >    /dev/disk2s2 on /private/ukey: Incorrect super block.
> >    bash-3.2$
> >
> > Is there a way to make Mac accept a correct FreeBSD partition ?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help.
> > Harald Weis
> >

> This doesn't seem relevant for discussion Fink's lists, as it is a
> general question about system utilities in OS X.
>
> Might I suggest checking "man mount" ?

Sorry Alexander, I honestly thought that it was needless to say that I
have checked mount(8) before - since the message came from a FreeBSD user.

And I really hoped that Fink users should have encountered the problem.
After all, Mac OS X is based on FreeBSD. I guess that Linux users are not
better off than me. And Fink users and Linux users are friends, aren't they?

Nevertheless, thank you for replying.
Perhaps I'll have a better chance on a FreeBSD list.

Harald