List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] help needed with jpeg, and jpeg derived libraries
From:       monipol <monipol () gmx ! com>
Date:       2009-10-29 1:43:01

On 28/10/2009, at 23:34, monipol wrote:
> On 28/10/2009, at 22:15, Jeremy Erwin wrote:
>> I'm interested in disentangling the hdf package as neatly as
>> possible.
>> My earlier suggestions are causing some fortran errors. (I'm using
>> demo source; don't accuse me of knowing my way around g77).
>>
>> In the configure script for hdf, there's a check for the jpeg library
>> that fails.
>>
>> I believe it is equivalent to this program
>> #include <stdlib.h>
>> #include <stdio.h>
>> #include <jpeglib.h>
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>>  jpeg_CreateDecompress(0,0,0);
>>  return 0;
>> }
>>
>> gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -ljpeg jpeg.c
>>
>> ld: warning: in /sw/lib/libjpeg.dylib, file is not of required
>> architecture
>> Undefined symbols:
>>  "_jpeg_CreateDecompress", referenced from:
>>      _main in ccGeKIlA.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>>
>> I haven't the foggiest idea what's going on.
>
> Hello, Jeremy. This means that Apple's GCC (which I suspect is the
> one you're using) builds to a target architecture that's different
> from the one you chose during Fink installation. For example,
> Apple's GCC defaults to 64-bit binaries on Mac OS 10.6, which would
> be a mismatch if 32-bit Fink is installed.
>
> In order to use the appropriate target architecture when building
> programs against Fink packages, use
>
> export PATH=/sw/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-10.6:$PATH
>
> This is documented in the following FAQ entry:
>
> http://fink.thetis.ig42.org/faq/usage-general.php#compile-myself
>
> (on the temporary Web site)

I forgot to mention that setting the appropriate PATH is done
automatically by Fink when it's building a package, so it's only
necessary when you're building programs outside Fink.

--
monipol
http://finkers.wordpress.com

Submitting a Fink bug report? Read this:
http://www.finkproject.org/doc/netiquette/index.php
http://finkers.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/bug-reports/