List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Error installing postgresql82
From:       Armin Goralczyk <agoralczyk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-22 19:42:29

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Benjamin Reed<rangerrick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Alexander
> Hansen<alexanderk.hansen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Richte postgresql82 ein (8.2.5-1022) ...
>>> - starting PostgreSQL on port 15948
>>> -e - attempting to install the plpgsql language in the template1
>>> database... WARNING: an unknown error occurred inserting the plpgsql
>>> language
>>>
>>> Richte postgresql ein (8.2.5-1022) ...
>>> xxxx:~ xxxx$
>>>

>> The package is installed.   I see the same message for this version as
>> well as for later ones.   I'll cc the maintainer; perhaps this message
>> appears because plpgsql has already been added.  It does only say
>> "warning" instead of "error".
>
> Yeah, this is just a warning.  I need to figure out why postgresql
> doesn't like starting on the random port I create, but all it's for is
> creating the plpgsql language for you.
>
> --
> Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
> Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development

But shouldn't there be some instructions at the end of the
installation how to initialize the db, etc .... which are now missing?
If such descriptions are not part of the installation where do I find
the relevant documents? I guess there are some differences to other
unix systems?!

--
Armin Goralczyk