List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Installing dbus Fails
From:       Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.hansen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-20 20:10:45

Emily Jackson wrote:
> At 2:18 PM -0500 on Saturday, June 20, 2009, Alexander Hansen
> <alexanderk.hansen@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Emily Jackson wrote:
>>
>>> When I tried to install the latest version of dbus, I got the following
>>> message:

<snip>
>>> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>>   dbus-dev: Depends: dbus-shlibs (= 1.2.6-1) but 1.2.12-10 is to be
>>>
>> installed
>>
>>> E: Sorry, broken packages
>>>
>>> (I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11.)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Emily
>>>

>> It's mysterious to me why Fink would have you try to downgrade dbus-dev,
>> unless you had another build going or something like that.
>>
>> Try just removing dbus-dev and running "fink update dbus".  If it says
>> "no packages to install" then you're probably OK.
>>

> I removed dbus-dev and then ran "fink update dbus"; the result was "no
> packages to install."
>
> Emily

So you should be OK, then--the current dbus and dbus-shlibs should be
installed.  We probably had better check that they're completely installed:

$ dpkg -l dbus dbus-shlibs
uppercase=bad)
ii  dbus           1.2.12-10      Message bus system for applications
ii  dbus-shlibs    1.2.12-10      Message bus system for applications

If you don't have ii by both of those, then something got confused, and
the status code may help decide on a course of action to follow.

--
Alexander Hansen
Fink User Liaison