List:       fink-users
Subject:    [Fink-users] mono-1.1.10.tar.gz checksum
From:       Robert T Wyatt <robert.wyatt () mail ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2005-11-30 8:52:30

In the 10.4 tree (and with XCode2.2) I got:

curl -f -L -O http://www.go-mono.com/sources/mono-1.1/mono-1.1.10.tar.gz
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
  Speed
100 16.2M  100 16.2M    0     0   672k      0  0:00:24  0:00:24 --:--:--
  707k
The checksum of the file is incorrect. The most likely cause for this is
a corrupted or incomplete download
Expected: 8ca33cbe66b5bb52f320ad992304b951
Actual: MD5(dd04088e82b7cf69a417fd06bddd9148)
         SHA1(9f649743aa7019453d0ee06f43a228a69bb5fcfe)

(maintainer cc'ed)

Fink (24.99.cvs) was able to use it anyway. I also got a checksum error
on libgdiplus, but I didn't copy it down the first time and it hasn't
come back up yet.

Interestingly, during the download process, fink gives two options: try
again or give up. But after giving up and reissuing the install command
fink accepts that the download is present until it gets to the step
where it needs to install it. Then fink will stop and ask what you want
to do with it; at which point one can choose to use the file anyway.
Seems like that might be a good option during the download process also
or instead.

By the way, all the recent updates have been working with XCode 2.2
except that I had a problem with gdl which I'll post in a separate
thread, but possibly not until after work tomorrow.

I've been trying to keep this list of my installed packages current:
http://66-90-146-246.dyn.grandenetworks.net/~robertwyatt/installed.txt