List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] X windows funny problem
From:       Clemence Magnien <Clemence.Magnien () shs ! polytechnique ! fr>
Date:       2005-11-26 16:50:57

> Miguel ?ngel P?rez Torres wrote:
> >Dear all,
> >
> >I would appreciate if any of you could help me with the following
> >annoying problem: if I have running X11 on my PowerBook G4 (Tiger OS),
> >say I opened and xterm, and put the laptop to sleep, when I wake it up
> >back, I am not able to open new xwindows, and get this message:
> >
> >">xterm &
> > >Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > >Xlib: No protocol specified
> > >xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :0.0 "

Hello,

does this happen all the time or only when you change your laptop
location between putting it to sleep and waking it up?
If the latter, a possible solution is discussed in this thread:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11061501

There's another solution involving editing some configuration
files that's far more convenient in the long run but I can't find
it again in the mailing list's archives. I'm sure you have to edit
you /etc/hosts file, but I'm not sure there's not another file
to change as well.
Anyway my /etc/hosts file now looks like this (berlin is my computer
name):

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1       localhost berlin
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1             localhost berlin