List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] yelp and X11
From:       BABA Yoshihiko <baba.yoshihiko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-25 2:36:10

Hi,

2005/11/22, David Reiser <dbreiser@earthlink.net>:
> I'm having trouble with yelp. If I install the binary 2.6.1-15, yelp
> opens, but any click on a document link brings up a dialog saying
> "There is no default action associated with this location."

I have no idea about yelp... but

> Alexander Hansen reported that yelp works for him in Xorg. Do I bite
> the bullet and replace Apple's X11 with Xorg?
>
> The fink docs suggest that 'moving up' shouldn't break too many
> things, but how painful is the change?

If you just want to switch from Apple X11 to Fink Xorg, just follow
http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/comp-packages.php#cant-install-xfree

If you want to continue to use X11 icon and quatz-wm window manager,
install applex11tools, with which you can get the same environment as
Apple X11 with new Xorg.
See: http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/applex11tools

Installing applex11tools is a bit wierd (you need X11User.pkg in your
home or somewhere as guided during installation). That is the only
pain I have experienced.

--
BABA Yoshihiko
http://homepage.mac.com/babayoshihiko