List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Re: Install on 10.4
From:       "Roy Mendelssohn" <Roy.Mendelssohn () noaa ! gov>
Date:       2005-09-26 21:11:18

Look on the Tiger Installation 1 DVD.  Luanch the
"OPtional Installs" package.  After agreeing to
the license and selecting the drive,open up the
options under "Applications".  Select X11 and it
will be installed.

HTH,

-Roy M.

At 10:51 PM +0200 9/26/05, Pierre Neihouser wrote:
>On Sep 26, 2005, at 10:45 PM, Alexander K. Hansen wrote:

>>>I downloaded the latest version of X11User, can't find the version:
>>>http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html
>>>I did not install any X11 before, I only installed fink and the dev
>>>tools.
>>>The machine is brand new. It doesn't make any sense and that's why
>>>I'm asking for help.
>>>Why is there no xfree package in fink commander?
>>>
>>>Thanks by the way.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Pierre
>>>

>>What you downloaded is only for Panther.  Your machine is likely
>>complaining because you're trying to mix a Panther X11User with a
>>Tiger X11SDK.  X11User.pkg may be on your system
>>(/Applications/Installers ?) on a new machine.
>>

>>There are versions of xfree86 and xorg in the unstable tree for Tiger.
>>  They just haven't been moved over to stable yet.
>>--
>>Alexander K. Hansen
>>Fink Documenter
>>[Day Job] Levitated Dipole Experiment
>>http://psfcwww2.psfc.mit.edu/ldx/
>
>Ok, that makes sense now. This is not the right version for Tiger.
>I looked for X11 anywhere on the HD to see if I
>could get an installer, but there is nothing.
>I'll check on the restore DVD and I have a
>proper retail copy of Tiger so I might be able
>to get it from there.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>--
>Pierre

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any
position of the Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst