List:       fink-users
Subject:    [Fink-users] Install on 10.4
From:       Pierre Neihouser <pierren () mac ! com>
Date:       2005-09-26 17:32:31

Hi,

I tried to install fink 0.8.0 on a brand new PowerBook. Didn't
install the dev tools at first since I just wanted to use binaries.
Is it a requirement by the way? Got it all installed, but when I did
some the scanpackages part (using Fink Commander) I got some problems
with cc1plus (which I believe is part of the dev tools). No worries,
I thought. Anyway, all I need is glade-2. So I tried to install
glade-2 binary : "It depends on X11 but it's not installable". I
thought an install from source would do. So I installed the dev
tools, tried again: "Can't resolve dependency for 'X11' package".
Damn. I can't actually find any X11 package in my package list (even
after a upgrading the descriptions). Anyway, I thought installing X11
from Apple would do. But I can't do so, I get this message: "Newer
software already exists on your computer". What am I supposed to do now?

MacOS X 10.4.2
XCode 2.0
fink --version
Package manager version: 0.23.10