List:       fink-users
Subject:    [Fink-users] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9p_:_[Fink-users]_plots_crash_scilab-atlas-3.0?=
From:       Jean-Claude DE SOZA <jc.desoza () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2004-06-27 17:34:26

Martin,

I found the thread opened by kinako on 2003-11-25. You said :

> But I found a solution now: One has to compile the file periX11.c with
>  -O instead of -O2. I seem to remember from the distant past that this
>  was once needed. It seems that Apple reintroduced a very old
>  optimisation bug in gcc-3.3.
>  If Jeff doesn"t object, I will put corrected scilab.info files into
> the
>  10.2-gcc3.3 and 10.3 trees tomorrow.
>  In the meantime, one can fix one"s own scribus info file as follows:
> In
>  the CompileScript, add a line in the middle between configure and make
>  all, so that it looks as follows:
>    ./configure %c
>    make CFLAGS=-O routines/graphics/periX11.o
>    make all
>  Then rebuild scilab, and the crash should be history.

Where is the CompileScript?

Jean-Claude DE SOZA

Le 26 juin 2004, à 22:10, Martin Costabel a écrit :

> Dominique Dhumieres wrote:
>> I have started some test with scilab-atlas-3.0-1.
>> As soon as I try to do something related to plot, it crashes.
> []
>> Thread 0 Crashed:
>> 0   scilex      0x0022af24 LoadSymbFonts + 0xf8
>
> This is the same bug that previous versions of scilab had. It needs
> the same fix as those: One has to compile routines/graphics/periX11.c
> with the compiler flag "-O" instead of "-O2". See list archives from 6
> months ago.
>
> --
> Martin

Martin,

I found the thread opened by kinako on 2003-11-25. You said :

<excerpt><fixed><x-tad-smaller>But I found a solution now: One has to
compile the file periX11.c with

 -O instead of -O2. I seem to remember from the distant past that this

 was once needed. It seems that Apple reintroduced a very old

 optimisation bug in gcc-3.3.

 If Jeff doesn"t object, I will put corrected scilab.info files into
the

 10.2-gcc3.3 and 10.3 trees tomorrow.

 In the meantime, one can fix one"s own scribus info file as follows:
In

 the CompileScript, add a line in the middle between configure and
make

 all, so that it looks as follows:

   ./configure %c

   make CFLAGS=-O routines/graphics/periX11.o

   make all

 Then rebuild scilab, and the crash should be history.

</x-tad-smaller></fixed>Where is the CompileScript?

Jean-Claude DE SOZA<fixed><x-tad-smaller>

</x-tad-smaller></fixed>

<excerpt>I have started some test with scilab-atlas-3.0-1.

As soon as I try to do something related to plot, it crashes.

</excerpt>[]

<excerpt>Thread 0 Crashed:

0   scilex      0x0022af24 LoadSymbFonts + 0xf8

</excerpt>

This is the same bug that previous versions of scilab had. It needs
the same fix as those: One has to compile routines/graphics/periX11.c
with the compiler flag "-O" instead of "-O2". See list archives from 6
months ago.

--

Martin

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas July 24-29 - digital
self defense, top technical experts, no vendor pitches, unmatched
networking opportunities. Visit www.blackhat.com

</excerpt>